Return to: About Harwood » History
The Harwood, originally the home of the Harwood Girls School (1925-1976), is housed in a 1925 neo-classical Revival style building just north of downtown Albuquerque on the Mountain Road side of the Sawmill-Wells Park neighborhoods. The original girls school campus consisted of the main Harwood building, a one story classroom building constructed during the WPA, and Hudd Hall built in 1940.
Today, Harwood occupies most of the main building with artist studios, galleries, classrooms and offices. Harwood also owns and operates the old church building at the corner of Mountain Road and Sixth Street as an art studio/classroom.
Escuela del Sol Montessori inhabits Hudd Hall, the WPA building and the north wing of the main building with pre-primary and elementary classrooms, and administrative offices. In 2002, EDS purchased the land directly east of Hudd Hall and built four additional pre-primary classrooms.
Harwood Art Center is a program of Escuela del Sol Montessori
1114 7th Street NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102 (505) 242-6367
© Copyright 2010 Harwood Art Center. All rights reserved.